One of the most powerful parts of Django is the automatic admin interface. It reads metadata in your model to provide a powerful and production-ready interface that content producers can immediately use to start adding content to the site.
Enabling the admin siteEdit
There are six steps in activating the Django admin site:
- Add 'django.contrib.admin' to your INSTALLED_APPS setting.
- Admin has two dependencies - django.contrib.auth and django.contrib.contenttypes. If these applications are not in your INSTALLED_APPS list, add them.
- Determine which of your application’s models should be editable in the admin interface.
- For each of those models, optionally create a ModelAdmin class that encapsulates the customized admin functionality and options for that particular model.
- Instantiate an AdminSite and tell it about each of your models and ModelAdmin classes.
- Hook the AdminSite instance into your URLconf.